Tomato and Chilli Chicken Rice
So this is our first recipe on the new site. Better make it a good one! This recipe is so incredibly easy and delicious. You can either use fresh chicken breasts or its a great recipe if you have a little chicken or rice left over from the night before! I love this recipe as something to throw together in a pinch when im feeling a little lazy after a long day at work.
Hope you enjoy!
- 150g Rice
- 3 Diced Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tin of Corn (Drained)
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 100g Thinly Sliced Carrot
- 1 Red Onion
- 1/2 Jar "The Birds and the Teas" Tomato and Chilli Relish
- Rocket to Garnish
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook rice in Boiling water with a pinch of salt.
- Chop onion, bell pepper and carrot.
- Dice Chicken if not already in pieces.
- Sweat onion with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil in Pan for 5 minutes.
- Add diced Chicken and Carrot and cook till chicken has browned.
- Add corn, rice and bell pepper and stir fry for a 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 jar of Tomato and Chilli and stir till sauce has coated in everything in pan and become a little sticky. This usually takes about 6-7 minutes but keep an eye on it and take it off when it has reached a texture that you enjoy.
- Flavour with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Add a little rocket on top for both a delicous taste addition and top class presentation.