Mediterranean Style Roast Chicken and Sweet potato
This is a new recipe straight off the oven rack from last night. Very simple, healthy feeling dish with loads of lovely vegetables. We used Chicken thighs but if you like Chicken breasts more go for it! As it cooks in the oven the smells are incredible and fill up your kitchen, its gorgeous!
Hope you enjoy!
- 4 large crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large red onion chopped
- 4 dessert spoons "The Birds and the Teas" Tomato and Chilli relish
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 220°C. Place a large rimmed baking sheet in the oven to preheat.
- Toss sweet potatoes, crushed garlic, onion and chicken thighs in a bowl with the 2 tablespoon oil and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven and spread the vegetables on it. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Return the pan to the oven and roast, stirring the vegetables once halfway through after 30 mins, then take a skewer and puncture each chicken thigh several times, then apply a dessert spoon of "The Birds and the Teas" Tomato and Chilli relish over eah thigh.
- Return to the oven for another 30-40 mins until the vegetables are tender and beginning to brown and the chicken thighs are cooken with the caramelised tomato and chilli relish on top.